Team Staff Certification Requirements
The deadline for coaching, volunteer, safety volunteers, managers and any additional bench staff is December 1, 2022 (The only exception to this rule happens if you are registered for a coaching course that is taking place after the December 1, 2022 date but you must be registered before December 1, 2022)
- A Coaches are ALL required to have HU Safety
- B and C teams only require 1 coach to have HU-Safety. Please make sure you discuss this among your team staff to ensure 1 person is current with this certification
- Do you need to update your Criminal Record Check? (a new one is necessary every three years)
- Please click on this link http://www.backcheck.net/hockeynovascotia and ensure you complete the vulnerable sector search.
- PLEASE NOTE: The cost of the Criminal Record Check for a volunteer is $30. When you get to the payment page and the amount is $67.85 STOP EVERTYING and call 1-877-455-6730. This is the number for www.mybackcheck.com. They will help you get to the correct check for the correct price ($30).
- Please submit your receipt to admin@halifaxhawks to be reimbursed. Receipts that are more than $30 will not be reimbursed and it will be up to the individual to correct this situation in order to have the necessary Criminal Record Check.
- It will take approximately 3 hours in total to complete, however:
- You do not have to complete it all at one time. You can stop and start at any time. The course is automatically bookmarked from where you stopped the next time you log in.
- Please once completed, please forward your receipt to email@example.com for reimbursement.
Are you the Safety Rep for your team?
You are required to complete HU-Planning a Safe Return to Hockey and well as complete a Criminal Record Check through www.mybackcheck.com. The Vulnerable Sector Search is not required for this position.
Are you a Dressing Room Supervisor assisting with the 2-Deep Policy?
Please see the policy from Hockey Nova Scotia - Dressing Room Supervision Policy
In order to hold this position you must:
- be added to the roster for the team you are helping with
- complete Respect in Sport for Activity Leaders (see above for instructions to complete this course)
- complete your Criminal Record Check AND Vulnerable Sector Search via mybackcheck (see above for instructions)